that is,

a shout-out on the interstices of music, food, life, and more

19 July 2006

searching for my compass

Fox News called about an hour ago to ask for an interview after catching wind of the Spokesman-Review article. I rejected the interview on the (familiar) grounds that however I write up my experiences, Fox will distort the story for their own purposes.

As I rationalized this to self, a friend based in Achrafieh (Beirut) leveled a charge at me that essentially I may have committed a similar crime of representation in my evacuation narrative.

So I'm not going to delete this narrative from the blog (see 1 of 100,000) but rather rewrite it in ways that don't shove anyone into a cookiecutter. The last thing on earth that I want to do, or intend to do, is to reinforce prejudices and assumptions.

And even though this blog is a public reckoning of self, I hope it's not all about me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home